Unit nv abides under all circumstances by the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will find more information on the website of the Data Protection Authority (DPA): www.dataprotectionauthority.be
Consequently, under all circumstances:
– We restrict the processing of your personal data to the minimum data necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
– We request your express consent when we need this to process your personal data;
– We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data;
– We do not pass on personal data to other parties unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided;
– We are aware of your rights as regards your personal data. We aim to inform you of these rights and we observe them.
Processing personal details
In the context of the following objectives, we keep personal data relating to prospects, clients, suppliers and partners:
– Information provided through targeted contacts
– Administrative purposes and order processing
– Messages about assignments or agreements
We also use these data to keep you informed about products and services that are in line with the agreement that we already have with you.
For the above purpose(s), Unit nv may request the following personal data from you:
– First name;
– Position in your company;
– (Work) telephone number;
– (Work) e-mail address;
Forwarding to third parties
We may forward the data that you provide us with to third parties if this is necessary to fulfil the purposes described above.
For instance, we call upon third parties to:
– Take care of the ICT environment;
– Take care of the de (financial) administration;
We never give personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor’s agreement. With these parties (processors), we of course make the necessary arrangements to ensure the protection of your personal data. Otherwise, we will not pass on data provided by you to other parties unless this is obligatory and permitted by law. An example of this is if the police were to request (personal) data from us as part of an investigation. In such a case, we have to cooperate and we are obliged to provide these data. We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us written consent to do so.
Within the EU
We do not send personal data to parties established outside the EU.
We only process the personal data of minors (those aged under 16 years) if written consent to do so is provided by the parent, carer or legal representative.
Unit nv does not keep personal data any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which they are provided or is required by law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, including the following:
– All persons who may acquire knowledge of your personal data on behalf of Unit nv are obliged to keep them confidential;
– We employ a user name and password policy on all our systems;
– We make back-ups of personal data to be able to retrieve them in the event of physical or technical incidents;
– We regularly test and assess our measures;
– Our staff are informed of the importance of protecting personal data. All members of staff sign a confidentiality agreement in which they undertake always to treat the information that comes into their possession as part of their job as strictly confidential.
Rights as regards your data
You have the right of consultation, rectification or deletion as regards personal data which we have received from you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or some of them) by us or by one of our processors. In addition, you have the right to have data that you have provided transferred by us to you or directly to another party on your instructions. We can ask you to prove your identity before we can respond to the above requests.
If we process your personal data on the basis of consent to do so given by you, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly about this. If we are unable to resolve the matter together, then of course we find this extremely unpleasant. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch supervisory body for the protection of privacy, at any time.
If you have any other questions or comments further to our Privacy Statement, please contact us!
Unit nv, Neerveld 5, 2550 Kontich, Belgium, +32 3 455 53 24
Data Protection Officer: Dominique Soontjens –